Search Results: “” — Page 1
Showing the single result
$60.00 - $80.00
Choose individual modules or purchase the discounted entire course here.
Retarding Basin Fundamentals (April 2013) – MODULE 1 TO 4
Retarding basins are becoming increasingly important elements in urban flood planning throughout Australia but it is evident that many basins have not been implemented in line with modern day “risk management” approaches. Accordingly, as part of its Professional Development program, and in advance of its proposed Guideline on Retarding Basins due out in 2014, the Australian National Committee on Large Dams (ANCOLD) is planning a series of seminars across Australia on Retarding Basin Fundamentals. The seminars are being provided to assist basin owners, and their professional staff and advisors, to plan, implement and operate their basins in a safe and effective manner consistent with various Government and “duty of care” obligations.
The one day seminars are being presented by leading dam safety and risk management professionals including:
Richard Rodd- dams consultant with over 40 years experience in dam and basin design, construction, operation and maintenance.
Kelly Maslin – dams consultant with over 15 years experience in dams and risk management.
Norm Himsley – dams consultant and member of NSW Dam Safety Committee with over 40 years experience in dam and basin design, construction, operation and maintenance.
Includes access to the following videos:
- Introduction, Background and Guidelines – Norm Himsley, Richard Rodd and Kelly Maslin 43.37
- Hydrology, Hydraulics and Questions – Norm Himsley, Richard Rodd and Kelly Maslin 41.40
- Geotechnical Investigations – Norm Himsley, Richard Rodd and Kelly Maslin 52.17
- Basic Design Matters – Norm Himsley, Richard Rodd and Kelly Maslin 51.33
- Special Design Matters – Norm Himsley, Richard Rodd and Kelly Maslin 13.32
- Design Case Study – Norm Himsley 22.16
- Construction, Operation and Maintenance plus Emergency – Norm Himsley 38.04
- Case Study – Ornamental Lake Basin and Wrap Up – Norm Himsley, Richard Rodd and Kelly Maslin 29.19