Call for Nominations 2017
Interested in being part of the ANCOLD Executive? Nominations are now open.
ANCOLD depends on volunteers to lead the Association by serving as the Executive and Office Bearers. The Executive is responsible for the effective management of ANCOLD. It sets strategy, develops programs for members’ benefit, manages the day to day running of ANCOLD and oversees the development of our guidelines.
In accordance with Rule 18 of the constitution of ANCOLD Incorporated, elections will be held for the positions of Deputy Chairman, Director and Treasurer at the 2017 Annual General Meeting on Friday 27th October 2017.
These volunteer positions are excellent opportunities to contribute to your association and the Australian dam industry.
The current Executive urges members to consider which of their colleagues would be excellent candidates for the available positions and to make nominations.
The term of each Executive is two years and Executive members are expected to attend and participate in at least three face to face meetings annually along with regular conference calls. They also participate on or lead task groups and/or committees.
For full details of the Executive and Officer Bearers terms of agreement and position descriptions as well as the rules for election of members of the ANCOLD Executive. View the ANCOLD constitution here.
If you have any queries on the roles please contact the secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
The new Executive will begin their terms at the conclusion of the 2017 Annual General Meeting in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.
Thinking of making a nomination for the ANCOLD Executive? Here’s how …
- Identify a colleague who you think would make a great member of the ANCOLD Executive.
- Contact them, and get their consent for the nomination.
- Complete the relevant nomination form for the position as the nominator.
- Have a member second the nomination
- Have the nominee sign the form
- Submit the completed nomination form to the ANCOLD secretariat.
In accordance with Rule 24(1) nominations must be received by the secretary at least seven days prior to the AGM.
Download the appropriate nomination form at the top of this page, complete and send to:
Secretary of ANCOLD, Louise Thomas via email: email@example.com
Or mail to: ANCOLD Sectrtariat C/- Leishman Associates, 227 Collins Street, Hobart, Tasmania, AUSTRALIA, 7000
Please note details for the election of office bearers as in accordance with the constitution;
ELECTION OF OFFICE-BEARERS
24. (1) Nominations of candidates for election as office-bearers, except the office of chairman (if directly appointed under rule 24 (7), past chairman and Secretary of ANCOLD Inc:
(a) must be in writing, accompanied by the written consent of the candidate; and:
(i) in the case of nominations for election as chairman or deputy chairman must be signed by 2 members of ANCOLD Inc;
(ii) in the case of nominations for election as a director or treasurer of ANCOLD Inc must be signed by 2 members or associate members of ANCOLD Inc; and
(b) must be delivered to the secretary of ANCOLD Inc at least 7 days before the date fixed for the holding of the annual general meeting at which the election is to take place.
(2) If insufficient nominations are received to fill all vacant offices, the candidates nominated are taken to be elected and further nominations are to be received at the annual general meeting.
(3) If insufficient further nominations are received, any vacant offices remaining are taken to be casual vacancies.
(4) If the number of nominations received is equal to the number of vacancies to be filled, the persons nominated are taken to be elected. Constitution of the Australian National Committee on Large Dams Incorporated Page 16 November 2015 ANCOLD Rules Rev Nov 20155
(5) If the number of nominations received exceeds the number of vacancies to be filled, a ballot is to be held.
(6) The ballot for the election of office-bearers is to be conducted at the annual general meeting in such usual and proper manner as the executive may direct.
(7) The current deputy chairman (or as previously known as the senior vicechairman) of ANCOLD Inc, as at the Annual General meeting to which elections are being made, shall as chair elect be automatically appointed to the position of Chairman subject to:
(a) the candidate having previously been elected by the members to the position of deputy chairman;
(b) the candidate’s agreement;
(c) the candidate having served as an Office-Bearer for a minimum period of two years;
(d) the endorsement by the Executive of ANCOLD Inc
(8) Should clause (7) not be satisfied then the election of the position of Chairman shall be conducted in accordance with clause (1)
(9) The position of Secretary shall be directly appointed by the Chairman subject to the endorsement of the Executive.