2ND INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON DAM SAFETY MANAGEMENT AND ENGINEERING (ICDSME2023)
INVITATION TO 2ND INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON DAM SAFETY MANAGEMENT AND ENGINEERING (ICDSME2023) ON 16 – 17 MARCH 2023
On behalf of the Malaysian National Committee on Large Dams (MYCOLD), we would like to announce the 2nd International Conferences on Dam Safety Management and Engineering (ICDSME2023), which will be held on 16 – 17 March 2023 in Shangri-La Hotel, Kuala Lumpur. ICDSME2023 is delighted to announce that it will be in conjunction with Asia 2023, from 14-16 March 2023, organised by The Aqua~Media International Ltd. with the support of the ICOLD, Malaysian Government, MYCOLD and other local agencies and private sector.
- The ICDSME2023 with the theme “Resilient Dams for Safe Communities” aims to bring together the top leaders, dam professionals, academicians, scientists, as well as industries both from within the country and from around the world, to discuss, reflect and share on the best global practices, technological advancements, emerging dam safety challenges and deliberate on all aspects related to dam safety management. ICDMSE2023 will provide the solutions that worked best to ensure that dams are built and operated safely, efficiently, economically, and are environmentally sustainable and socially equitable. The following are the objectives of ICDSME2023:
- To gather all professionals and experts in dam-related fields to discuss and share the latest information and technology to further enhance knowledge in the field of dam safety.
- To increase understanding among professionals, experts, researchers, engineers, stakeholders and the public in the field of dam safety.
- To build a network of good relations among those involved in the field of dam safety at the Malaysian and international levels.
- The conference will include enlightening presentations by prominent national and international experts and leading dam professionals, an exhibition of latest products and processes as best solutions to dam safety management by related international and national organizations. We are also encouraging you to consider participating in the series of pre-and post-training courses during the conference. In addition, you are invited to participate in the social tour and technical visit in order to get the most of your experience while in Malaysia. The detail of the Conference is given in the enclosed Brochure.
- All prospective participants/authors are cordially invited to submit original and unpublished works for publication and presentation at the conference. All submissions are subjected to peer review before an acceptance decision is made. Papers may address, but are not restricted to, the main theme from any of the sub-themes as mentioned in the conference website. Selected articles will be invited to be published (with additional fees and subjected to the journal review) in the following Special Issues:
- “Water and Dam Engineering and Management Advances”, (coming soon)
- “Flood Hazard Mapping and Risk Management”, (coming soon).
- “Sustainable Processes, Methods, Management, and Issues of Water and Wastewater” in PROCESSES (currently indexed within WOS/ISI-Q2 and Scopus-Q2) https://www.mdpi.com/journal/processes/special_issues/A9GY806G16
Please submit your paper to https://equinocs.springernature.com/service/ICDSME2023 before 15 December 2022.
We are honored to invite you and your fellow organisation members to our ICDSME2023. For further information and inquiries, please get in touch with our secretariat at [email protected], [email protected], or [email protected]. The detailed information about ICDSME2023 can be retrieved at the following link https://mycold.com.my/.
Looking forward to seeing you in March 2023 in Kuala Lumpur. Thank you.
“RESILIENT DAMS FOR SAFE COMMUNITIES”
(PROF. DATIN IR. DR. LARIYAH MOHD SIDEK)
2nd International Conference on Dam Safety Management and Engineering (ICDSME2023)
Malaysian National Committee on Large Dams (MYCOLD)
1. Invitation to ICDSME2023 – ICOLD APG Members< Back to General Events