NZSOLD Dam Potential Failure Modes Workshop
NZSOLD is pleased to confirm details of our upcoming technical workshop. Put the date in your calendar and register today!
Workshop: Dam Potential Failure Modes
Date: Wednesday 8 August 2018, 8.45am-4.45pm
Venue: Sudima Auckland Airport Hotel (6min from Auckland Airport Domestic Terminal)
Register: Book your place today!
Keynote Presenter – we are thrilled to confirm Terry Oswell from BC Hydro in Canada as our keynote presenter. Terry is the Dam Safety Program Engineer responsible for hazard and failure modes assessments, and incorporating failure modes into Dam Safety Reviews, Operation Maintenance & Surveillance Manuals and dam safety management. Terry is on the Canadian Dam Association (CDA) Board of Directors and chairs the CDA working group on Dam Safety Reviews.
Workshop Aim – to provide education on Potential Failure Modes (PFM) that builds on the guidance in the NZ Dam Safety Guidelines. Focus areas:
- a) Why are Potential Failure Modes important? What practice do our NZ Dam Safety Guidelines promote?
- b) Where did Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) come from and how did the process develop/evolve?
- c) How are Potential Failure Modes used?
- d) How do they benefit the dam owner?
Programme – the draft programme for the day is available here
Registration – register for the event here (prices exclude GST)
- Non- NZSOLD Member – $600 (or become a Member and pay discounted registration for Dam Potential Failure Modes Workshop in one payment)
- NZSOLD Member – $500
- Young Professionals (Under 40) – $400
Sponsorship – we have excellent sponsorship options available. Please contact [email protected] if your organisation is interested in sponsoring this event.
For any other event queries please contact Dan Forster at [email protected]. We look forward to seeing you there.
NZSOLD Workshop Planning Committee< Back to General Events